Skip to main content

Dog. Eat dog. (3-15-18)


[WP] As a dog, you had always wished that you could be a human. Then, one day, after peeing on magical fire hydrant, your wish came true! Instant regret. [Link to post.]


"What the hell's going on here?" I heard a gruff voice behind me and turned around. I didn't understand what he said, but I knew what annoyance looked like in humans. I noticed a sparkle under his thick blue jacket, but then my attention was pulled away when he waved a black stick at me. 

"Ruuuohhhaawww." I didn't know any human words, but I hoped he wanted to play.

"Ohhh, a loony eh?" His eyes turned softer and he put away his stick. He must have really loved that stick, he had a fancy loop on his belt just for it. I guess he didn't want to play after all. He put his hands out in front of him and walked toward me slowly.

"Whatcha doing out here naked and peeing on a fire hydrant for, guy? Everything's gonna be okay, let's get you somewhere we can find out who you are," He stepped close enough to me that I leaned forward to smell his hands. Chili! I licked his fingers but didn't find anything tasty. 

"You're a piece of work. Seem friendly enough though." He took off his jacket and handed it to me. Wrap this around your waist, so we can hide your bits. There's kids around," he said and smiled at me. I smiled back at him and put my arm in the sleeve, then the other one. Now I had a thick blue jacket, it was warm. "Mother, mercy," he said. "Your WAIST! Your dingaling's hanging out like snake hanging out of a sock." He stepped closer to me, with annoyance in his eyes. I stepped back, but he grabbed the jacket firmly and pulled it off me. I looked down in disappointment that he took away my nice jacket, and noticed something different on myself. I reached down but the man put his jacket around my waist, with the back of it blocking my front. He walked behind me and tied the jacket with the arms on my back. He put his arm on my shoulder and pushed me forward slightly in a definite direction. 

"C'mon. Let's get you sorted." He gave me a nice coat so I let him guide me where he wanted to go. We ended up standing next to a blue and white car with bars on the window. I'd seen bars on cars before, and any stray that got picked up by them were never seen again. He opened the door and put his hand on my head. I wiggled my head hoping for pets, but he put pressure on me and pushed me towards the inside of the car. I braced myself. 

"Huh? Don't wanna get in?" He pushed harder. I pushed back even harder. "Didn't want to do it this way, but you're under arrest for indecent exposure. You have the right to remain silent," He let go of my head, and his other hand let go of my arm. "Anything you say.." he continued saying words I didn't understand, but he wasn't holding me at all for a second. That was enough. I bolted for the alleyway. "HEY!" He shouted after me, but I didn't hear his foot steps following me. I ran into the nearby alley safely, then jumped into the dumpster behind a restaurant to hide. 

Food! I leaned down and bit into a slice of pizza. It didn't taste good like pizza should, so I spat it out and looked for something different to get the horrible taste out of my mouth. Spaghetti! I plunged my face into the yellow and red noodles and began chewing the pile. Then spit out the food again, and laid down in the dumpster. I felt sad, and noticed water coming out of my eyes. I'd seen humans cry sometimes, and now I knew why. Food tasted horrible to humans. I stared at the blue sky and wondered if there was a way to turn myself back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch Jitters (6-23-18)

[WP] You are the greatest villain in the world. When you come face to face with your only rival, he says, “Do you want to grab a coffee before we start? I’ve haven’t eaten all day.” [ Link to post .] "I'm so glad you said something, I started late today too," The Shade said. He patted the heavy, dark leather coat over his stomach, then leaned closer to whisper at SunKnight. "Kayla's teeth are coming in, and Lucille's out of town for that thing." He shrugged, then pulled off his black, featureless hood. "I needed an extra 40 winks. Let's do a lunch, meet me at the pizzeria in 20." Keith Slinny, the man under The Shade's mask checked his watch. The rest of his black costume dissipated from his body; black smoke wafted from him like steam escaping a body in winter. "At this point, we'll end up putting it off until tomorrow so I need to book the babysitter now." "The wedding's tomorrow, remember? Let's take t

Truth and Fries (6-27-18)

[WP] Survivors of the apocalypse are still fighting for their lives; Whataburger seems to be doing alright though. [ Link to post .] "And, why do you want to work at Whataburger?" Albert Guajardo, General Manager, asked the prospective employee, Rigo Reyes, while trying to size him up. The young man sat in the booth across from Albert, wearing his best protective gear. A set of high-school football pads, and heavily wrapped arms. His cracked football helmet rested on the table.  "My girl's pregnant. I can't help rebuild humanity if I can't provide for them," Rigo said. It was not true, but it would be if he got the position. He did not have a girlfriend at the moment, but no Whataburger employee suffered loneliness for long. Even the perimeter guards that kept zombies out of the restaurant got paid enough food to support a family of four.  "Can you start now?" Albert asked. Rigo nodded eagerly, but Albert explained the situation anyway.

OooooooooooooooH. (6-28-18)

[CW] A short story with a plot twist using the letter "o" exactly 15 times. [ Link to post .] "Fredericks!" the guard yelled at the cell's inhabitants. A tall, plump man walked near the bars, his steps echoed in the cell. "That's me," Lenny Fredericks said. The guard let him pass.  "Lawyer's here, this way." The guard grabbed  Lenny's arm and guided him through the maze of walls that made up the station. He sat Lenny at a table facing a brunette woman in a black suit.  "Mr. Fredericks, I'm the lawyer handling this case. My name is Erica Quintanilla." The lawyer presented her hand, and Lenny accepted it with an eager shake.   "Nice'ta meet'cha." Lenny said. After they disengaged their handshake, Erica placed Lenny's file between them, then started her interview while scanning the sheets.  "Mr. Fredericks,-" she began. "Call me Lenny," Lenny suggested. She return