This is where I will start storing information about my Universe to help add some context to my short stories.
- Magic is a natural force present on all Earths, though not all Earths have a population that can tap into it. Once a Soul learns how to tap into magic on one Earth they can tap into the magic from other Earths.
- Microscopic machines that excel at efficiency. As a result they work together and learn to optimize the tasks they're trained for. On some Earths they allow Zeroes to tap into magic, while on other Earths they evolved to mimic magic.
- A network that allows users from alternate universes to communicate with each other. It is an Earth that is completely dominated by nanos. Earths with the right technology can project their consciousness to that Earth, and the nanos will form an artificial body for their consciousness. This is primarily used for gaming, and has essentially become a giant cross universe MMO. (AlterNet)
- [Whispering]: Whispering is an ability available to everyone(Uniques and Zeroes alike) when connected to the AlterNet, as well as on any Earth with sufficient nano saturation. Whispering is akin to a telepathic text message, that can be sent to someone's body to communicate privately with them. The mind of the person that receives the [Whisper] reads the text like subtitles and understands it, even if the person does not directly read the message. For example sending a message to the bottom of someone's foot or the back of their neck. If the people whispering to each other are close enough emotionally Whispers can be audibly heard by the receiver as well as other enhancements based on their intimacy. Whispers can carry emotions, or other physical sensations ranging from a feather touch to a hard shove. In my stories Whispered text is portrayed like: [This is a whisper. -H] Whispers tend to be short, and the message is automatically tagged with the first initial(by default, but its modifiable) of the sender.
- Term for normal, non-Unique souls. Normal souls have doppelgangers spread out across universes. Normal souls can tap into magic, but they are no match for an Awakened Unique Soul.
- Born randomly across universes, Unique Souls never have alternate universe dopplegangers. Though there may be multiple of the same Unique across universe (e.g.: multiple Sols), there is only ONE Ballisea in all the infinite universes. There are never two of the same type born in the same universe. Each Unique Soul (Human tier or above) has a specific role it is designed for. Unique souls attract each other in order to fulfill their duties.
- Unique souls can absorb the soul of another Unique if they kill it. The Unique Soul that collects 12 Unique Souls from a single universe can shape that universe however it wants.
- Check 1: Conception - The Universe looks at what Souls are "in play" and other factors to determine if a Unique Soul should spawn into play for that universe.
- Check 2: Birth - During labor the Universe checks things again and compares the state of the Earth at birth, to the state of the Earth at conception. Power Levels are boosted, if needed.
- A Unique Soul that has not discovered its power yet. May subconsciously use their abilities, though much weaker than if Awakened.
- A Unique Soul that is aware of its abilities. To Awaken, a Unique Soul needs a representation of its number on itself. Usually found as a tattoo or nanos.
Notable Zeroes - Zeroes that contribute to the main universe.
- Elle Carlson - First distributor of the AlterNet tech.
- Dana Sharp - Develops spiderweave suits using Spider's Unique Soul.
Inanimate Souls - Rare objects created by master crafters. A master craftsman can put so much passion and care into creating an object that it becomes Unique in its own universe. A Unique Soul becomes more powerful if wielding an Inanimate Soul. Some Souls gain more power if they use specific Inanimates. El Músico is more powerful if wielding an instrument, and so on.
- #5 - El Paraguas (The Umbrella)
- #7 - La Escalera (The Ladder)
- #8 - La Botella (The Bottle)
- #9 - El Barril (The Barrel)
- #13 - El Gorrito (The Bonnet)
- #16 - La Bandera (The Flag)
- #17 - El Bandolón (The Mandolin)
- #18 - El Violoncello (The Cello)
- #22 - La Bota (The Boot)
- #29 - El Tambor (The Drum)
- #31 - Las Jaras (The Arrows)
- #36 - El Cazo (The Saucepan)
- #43 - La Campana (The Bell)
- #44 - El Cantarito (The Pitcher)
- #48 - La Chalupa (The Canoe)
- #53 - El Arpa (The Harp)
Plant Souls - Rooted to the Earth they are born in, and are unable to traverse Universes. Their abilities can include the ability to talk to plants, encourage plants to grow, or the ability to feed off of solar energy.
- #10 - El Árbol (The Tree)
- #11 - El Melón (The Melon)
- #15 - La Pera (The Pear)
- #28 - La Sandía (The Watermelon)
- #39 - El Nopal (The Cactus)
- #41 - La Rosa (The Rose): Roses can speak to roses, feed on sunlight, and sprout thorns from their skin. Known Roses: Cedric.
- #49 - El Pino (The Pine Tree)
- #51 - La Palma (The Palm Tree)
- #52 - La Maceta (The Potted Plant)
Animal Souls - Unique Souls that can talk to their animal. They may also develop other powers based on their animal soul. These Souls are able to traverse Universes with help.
- #1 - El Gallo (The Rooster): Gallos are one step above normal souls. The weakest Unique Soul, they have no major abilities unique to them. They can communicate with chickens. Roosters have a small aura of influence that normal souls are drawn to. Known Gallos: Chuck
- #19 - La Garza (The Heron)
- #20 - El Pájaro (The Bird): Birds have the basic ability to speak to all birds including chickens, herons, and parrots. Other abilities can include flight or superhuman sight. Known Birds: Robin
- #24 - El Cotorro (The Parrot)
- #30 - El Camarón (The Shrimp)
- #33 - La Araña (The Spider): Spider abilities can include communicating with spiders, producing swarms from within their body, turning their body into a swarm, or the abilities of a spider (sticking to walls, webs). Known Spiders: Sebastian Spinne(Spider)
- #40 - El Alacrán (The Scorpion)
- #45 - El Venado (The Deer)
- #50 - El Pescado (The Fish): Fish have the basic ability to speak to all fishes. Other abilities can include breathing under water, and surviving deep pressure. Known Fish: Posie
- #54 - La Rana (The Frog)
Human Souls - Superhuman Unique Souls with a variety of powers. Human Souls and above have a specific role.
- #3 - La Dama (The Lady)
- #4 - El Catrín (The Gentleman)
- #12 - El Valiente (The Brave Man): Known Valientes: Ricky
- #21 - La Mano (The Hand): Manos are gifted with supernatural sleight of hand, to the point of it being considered actual magic by some. La Mano is destined to become a powerful general for its Sol(#46), become its "right hand". Known Manos: Crystal
- #25 - El Borracho (The Drunk): Borrachos are wildcards. The powers and allegiances of Borrachos are unpredictable. Borrachos have the ability to read probabilities and choose specific outcomes. Known Borrachos: Vegas
- #26 - El Negrito (The Black Man)
- #32 - El Músico (The Musician): Known Músicos: Hector
- #34 - El Soldado (The Soldier)
- #38 - El Apache (The Apache)
Conqueror Souls- These Unique Souls are designed to be able to Conquer their Earth with little effort. Their Ready Checks look at what Souls are in play to determine what abilities the Conqueror souls will have.
- #2 - El Diablito (The Devil): Devils are powerful Souls. An Awakened Diablito can conquer an Earth with little effort. A Diablito spawns with a powerful ability designed to help it conquer the Earth it is born on. Known Diablitos: Rudy Deville(Slumbering). The Demon King
- #6 - La Sirena (The Mermaid): Sirenas are fun-loving, clever souls. Often carefree and naive, Sirenas cast an aura of empathy that helps keep them safe by changing the feelings of those around them. This aura grows stronger as the Sirena ages. Known Sirenas: Ms. Owens. Six(Slumbering).
- #27 - El Corazón (The Heart): Hearts are finicky. The have immense power, but they can never quite control it. They are destined to become viziers to Sols(#46). Known Hearts: Alma(Slumbering).
- #42 - La Calavera (The Skull): Calaveras are raw power. They are loyal enforcers and the strongest of the Conqueror Souls, in terms of brute force. Known Calaveras: Dread, Flutter
- #47 - La Corona (The Crown): Coronas are the consumate conqueror. They are powerful and ruthless. La Corona is born to be what Zeroes fear the most at the time, in order to capitalize on that fear. Known Coronas: Count Oren(SoundCrowd)
Celestial Souls- The most powerful ranking of Unique Souls. Celestial Souls are born with the potential to learn how to traverse universes through their own power.
- #14 - La Muerte (The Death) Muertes are the strongest of the celestial souls in terms of magical abilities. Magical feats like stopping time are trivial for them, depending on what form their power manifests. Known Muertes: Jake Wilson, Threnody, Leonard Tyler
- #23 - La Luna (The Moon) Lunas are misfired suns. Conceived as a Sol. If the universe decides a Sol is not needed at birth, the soul becomes a Luna. Though Lunas are categorized as Celestial souls, they cannot traverse universes under their own power. Their power level is equal to El Gallo. Known Lunas: Aurelio Luna. 23(SoundCrowd)
- #35 - La Estrella (The Star) Stars are innately able to traverse dimensions once they are Awakened. Known Stars: Eva, Quinn
- #37 - El Mundo (The World) Mundos are the spirit of the Earth. They take care of the planet, but have no major powers of their own. Their role is to engineer the birth of a Sol if needed. Mundos are unable to leave the universe they are born in. Known Mundos: Mundo, Regal's Father(unnamed), Terra
- #46 - El Sol (The Sun) Sols are Universal champions. A Sol is born with the potential to be the strongest Unique Soul of the universe it’s born in. Known Sols: Ballisea , Regal, Jenny
Post a Comment