Skip to main content

Abort, Retry, Fail? (1-22-18)


Goodbye... [Link to post.]


"It's time. Bring the sword," Ballisea said. She sat upright in a large, elegant four post bed. Her husband Allister sat next to her, holding her hand. Her order was acknowledged by a skeleton that nodded then walked out of the room.

"Are you sure you want to do this, love?" He asked her, but she only glared in return. "We can -," Ballisea interrupted his statement.

"No, we can't. You don't know what it was like, and I hope you never do." Ballisea reached up to caress her husband's cheek. "I can't stand to bring a reminder of the worst part of my life into the best part of my life." She leaned forward and kissed him softly on the lips. "You should leave. I don't want you to see me.. to see this." Allister grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"I'll stay with you." A noise from the doorway distracted them. The skeleton returned holding a beautiful [green glowing sword]. Allister took the sword from the skeleton and nodded at his wife. "Let's go somewhere, so you don't make a mess here." She nodded. A black hole formed on the bed beneath them, and they sunk into it. On the other side Ballisea sat in the snow in a frigid tundra with Allister holding her hand.

"This is one of the first Earths I conquered. I killed all 12 [Uniques], and stopped production. It's the perfect place."

"Yeah, perfect for freezing to death," Allister said. He pointed at the ground and started a fire to keep himself warm. Ballisea didn't need heat.

"Sorry, I forget." She leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get this over with." Allister stood from the ground and hefted the sword up with him, but Ballisea stopped him.

"No. I won't ask you to do this. I have to do it myself. A black hole appeared next to him, then a skeleton walked out. The bony hand grabbed the green sword from Allister then held it above Ballisea. The tip of the blade pointed straight down at her bulging stomach. The skeleton held still. Ballisea opened her legs wide. Skeleton hands appeared out of black holes under her legs to prop them up. She took a deep breath and her face strained as she pushed out. She squeezed Allister's hand. She labored for several hours, and the finally it began. The surface of her large stomach began to glow with golden light.

"NO! DO IT NOW!" Ballisea screamed when she saw the light. "Through me, I don't care!" The skeleton lifted the sword high for extra momentum.

"Goodbye, [Oren]." Ballisea said. Then, she nodded at the skeleton.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch Jitters (6-23-18)

[WP] You are the greatest villain in the world. When you come face to face with your only rival, he says, “Do you want to grab a coffee before we start? I’ve haven’t eaten all day.” [ Link to post .] "I'm so glad you said something, I started late today too," The Shade said. He patted the heavy, dark leather coat over his stomach, then leaned closer to whisper at SunKnight. "Kayla's teeth are coming in, and Lucille's out of town for that thing." He shrugged, then pulled off his black, featureless hood. "I needed an extra 40 winks. Let's do a lunch, meet me at the pizzeria in 20." Keith Slinny, the man under The Shade's mask checked his watch. The rest of his black costume dissipated from his body; black smoke wafted from him like steam escaping a body in winter. "At this point, we'll end up putting it off until tomorrow so I need to book the babysitter now." "The wedding's tomorrow, remember? Let's take t

Truth and Fries (6-27-18)

[WP] Survivors of the apocalypse are still fighting for their lives; Whataburger seems to be doing alright though. [ Link to post .] "And, why do you want to work at Whataburger?" Albert Guajardo, General Manager, asked the prospective employee, Rigo Reyes, while trying to size him up. The young man sat in the booth across from Albert, wearing his best protective gear. A set of high-school football pads, and heavily wrapped arms. His cracked football helmet rested on the table.  "My girl's pregnant. I can't help rebuild humanity if I can't provide for them," Rigo said. It was not true, but it would be if he got the position. He did not have a girlfriend at the moment, but no Whataburger employee suffered loneliness for long. Even the perimeter guards that kept zombies out of the restaurant got paid enough food to support a family of four.  "Can you start now?" Albert asked. Rigo nodded eagerly, but Albert explained the situation anyway.

OooooooooooooooH. (6-28-18)

[CW] A short story with a plot twist using the letter "o" exactly 15 times. [ Link to post .] "Fredericks!" the guard yelled at the cell's inhabitants. A tall, plump man walked near the bars, his steps echoed in the cell. "That's me," Lenny Fredericks said. The guard let him pass.  "Lawyer's here, this way." The guard grabbed  Lenny's arm and guided him through the maze of walls that made up the station. He sat Lenny at a table facing a brunette woman in a black suit.  "Mr. Fredericks, I'm the lawyer handling this case. My name is Erica Quintanilla." The lawyer presented her hand, and Lenny accepted it with an eager shake.   "Nice'ta meet'cha." Lenny said. After they disengaged their handshake, Erica placed Lenny's file between them, then started her interview while scanning the sheets.  "Mr. Fredericks,-" she began. "Call me Lenny," Lenny suggested. She return