Skip to main content

Love and Laughter (1-16-18)


Must have the phrase, "A fish may love a bird, but where would they live." [Link to post.]


"YES!!!" Robin screamed and bounced in place. The late afternoon sunlight caused her red hair to glow like a flame. She hurriedly pulled Posie up from the ground where he knelt. A crowd of strangers around them cheered and clapped, tossing out congratulations. "Of course!" She wrapped her arms around him. Posie returned the hug for a second, then Robin felt him push her away gently. She noticed tears streaming out of his orange eyes.

"I'm so happy you said yes," Posie said. He walked toward a nearby bench, leading her by the hand. They sat and he stared at a knot in the pier. "Now that we've gotten to this point, there's something about me you have to know." He looked up from the ground to meet her eyes. "I won't bring any secrets into our marriage." Robin nodded, and her heart overflowed with love. She needed to reveal her own secret too. She had been afraid he would reject her for it, but she felt now was the time.

"Okay. I have something to tell you too, after," Robin said. She clasped her hands around his. "Go ahead." Posie closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He breathed out.

"You know the tattoo on my back?" Posie asked. Robin nodded, she loved the tattoo. It was a beautiful orange and white koi fish with the number 50 on its scales. "I got it for my 18th birthday. Since then I noticed I had... powers." Posie went quiet when Robin made sound. Her cheeks puffed out and her lips broke into a smile. She was losing a fight to hold in her laughter. "I know it sounds crazy. That's why I asked you here, so I could prove it. I can talk to fish." The damn broke and Robin guffawed at him.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAAH" Robin doubled over on the bench, holding her stomach.

"Hey." Posie said in a whisper. Tears gathered at the corner of his eyes. Robin grabbed his hand again, still laughing.

"No.hah. Wait,hehe." She took a deep breath. "I believe you." She touched brushed his chin to turn his eyes to her. "I really do believe you, it's just so much funny happened at the same time. I couldn't hold it in. I'm sorry." A look of confusion clouded his orange eyes.

"If you believe me, what's so funny?" She smiled brightly.

"Well, first of all, don't be offended. But talking to fish? I wouldn't call that 'POWER'" She used air quotes while she giggled. "An ability maybe, but it's way too useless to be called a power." She squeezed his hand to reaffirm her love. "Second of all, I believe you, because I can do it too."

"No way? You can talk to fish too?" Posie shrugged. "I believe you, mostly because you know how useless it is." Robin shook her head.

"Sorry, I mean I can talk to animals too. Not fish, but birds. I got it the same way you did too. You know the robin on my butt?" Posie nodded and smiled.

"Yeah it's cute. Wow, that's a hell of a coincidence. I guess we're meant to be together." Posie reached his arm around Robin and pulled her closer to him on the bench, and chuckled. "That is pretty funny though."

"Oh, there was a third of all too!" Robin smiled at him. "Something my dad used to say, and it just made me laugh. 'A fish may love a bird, but where would they live?' " She giggled, and Posie joined in.

"How bout my nest?" he asked with a broad grin.

"Well duh. My apartment is way too small," Robin said, then kissed him on the cheek.


***
Next Chapter: Deathly Giggles


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch Jitters (6-23-18)

[WP] You are the greatest villain in the world. When you come face to face with your only rival, he says, “Do you want to grab a coffee before we start? I’ve haven’t eaten all day.” [ Link to post .] "I'm so glad you said something, I started late today too," The Shade said. He patted the heavy, dark leather coat over his stomach, then leaned closer to whisper at SunKnight. "Kayla's teeth are coming in, and Lucille's out of town for that thing." He shrugged, then pulled off his black, featureless hood. "I needed an extra 40 winks. Let's do a lunch, meet me at the pizzeria in 20." Keith Slinny, the man under The Shade's mask checked his watch. The rest of his black costume dissipated from his body; black smoke wafted from him like steam escaping a body in winter. "At this point, we'll end up putting it off until tomorrow so I need to book the babysitter now." "The wedding's tomorrow, remember? Let's take t

Truth and Fries (6-27-18)

[WP] Survivors of the apocalypse are still fighting for their lives; Whataburger seems to be doing alright though. [ Link to post .] "And, why do you want to work at Whataburger?" Albert Guajardo, General Manager, asked the prospective employee, Rigo Reyes, while trying to size him up. The young man sat in the booth across from Albert, wearing his best protective gear. A set of high-school football pads, and heavily wrapped arms. His cracked football helmet rested on the table.  "My girl's pregnant. I can't help rebuild humanity if I can't provide for them," Rigo said. It was not true, but it would be if he got the position. He did not have a girlfriend at the moment, but no Whataburger employee suffered loneliness for long. Even the perimeter guards that kept zombies out of the restaurant got paid enough food to support a family of four.  "Can you start now?" Albert asked. Rigo nodded eagerly, but Albert explained the situation anyway.

OooooooooooooooH. (6-28-18)

[CW] A short story with a plot twist using the letter "o" exactly 15 times. [ Link to post .] "Fredericks!" the guard yelled at the cell's inhabitants. A tall, plump man walked near the bars, his steps echoed in the cell. "That's me," Lenny Fredericks said. The guard let him pass.  "Lawyer's here, this way." The guard grabbed  Lenny's arm and guided him through the maze of walls that made up the station. He sat Lenny at a table facing a brunette woman in a black suit.  "Mr. Fredericks, I'm the lawyer handling this case. My name is Erica Quintanilla." The lawyer presented her hand, and Lenny accepted it with an eager shake.   "Nice'ta meet'cha." Lenny said. After they disengaged their handshake, Erica placed Lenny's file between them, then started her interview while scanning the sheets.  "Mr. Fredericks,-" she began. "Call me Lenny," Lenny suggested. She return