Skip to main content

Unique Birth (1-15-18)



Whilst out exploring the woods you stumble upon a dragon who has yet to see you. You have only heard stories of dragons from the village elders and thought they were a myth. The sight of such a monster freezes you in your tracks. [Link to post.]

I held my breath and stared at the giant, golden scaled hide shining in the sun. I heard voices. A woman's voice that sounded magical. It was the prettiest voice I'd ever heard. But I could say that about any girl's voice I guess. I was only nine, and raised by monks. Then I heard a man's voice replying. His voice somehow sounded just as magical. I concentrated to try and sneak closer without making a sound. Though I've been with the monks as far as I could remember, they only began training me two years ago. I still hadn't mastered moving quietly, and it took a lot of focus. I hid in the shadows by a tree at the edge of the clearing, and listened.

"It's almost time! I'm so excited!" The female voice said.

"She'll be the first of her kind,..." The male voice said. His voice wavered with worry. "I just hope she's healthy." I tried to lean to see who else was talking, and slipped. I landed on several sticks and the sound of them breaking cracked throughout the clearing. I stood up and found myself face to face with a giant golden snout, and pair of deep royal purple eyes. Each eye was bigger than my head.

"Hello, child. What's your name?" I saw the dragon's lips move, and her beautiful voice tickled the back of my mind.

"M-mm-monk." I said.

"Monk? That's an odd name." I heard the male voice and looked around for another dragon. Instead, I saw a glittering green ball flying around. It left a trail of green dust everywhere it flew. It stopped and floated in front of me. It was a small man with green fluttering wings that looked like butterfly wings. Green powder landed on me as he flew by, then I didn't feel scared of them anymore.

"The monks said I had to give up my name to live at the monastery. Everyone there is Monk," I said. The small man nodded, then I heard another loud crack come from the clearing.

"It's time!" The big dragon yelled, then turned away. The green fairy smiled at me and waved me to follow him.

"Monk, you must be very lucky to have been guided here right now. Come and meet our new daughter." He flew toward the center of the clearing, and I followed him. I saw a giant green and gold egg as big as I was. The number 42 was on the side of the egg in green. The top was already cracked open. A human hand, the same size of mine reached out from inside.

"Remember what we talked about dear," the fairy said. Then, he looked at me. "Monk, you will learn many secrets today, and we ask that you keep them to yourself. Can you do that for us?" I nodded my head as hard and as fast as I could and he smiled. Then he began to grow bigger. I looked over to the giant golden dragon and she began to shrink and change shape. In moments they looked like a pair of normal humans. The fairy had long black hair, and his face looked smooth and young. The dragon was a beautiful woman with short red hair and pale skin. The woman stared at the egg with wide purple eyes, and the man waved me closer to the egg.

"Wow, you can change shape?" I asked. Their magic was the most amazing thing I'd seen.

"My wife and I met while we were disguised as humans. We honestly didn't know what the other was until she got pregnant accidentally," the man said. He shrugged and chuckled. "We decided that if the she looked human, that's how we would meet her, then explain everything to her later." I heard the loudest crack yet and we all turned to the egg. A small girl about my height stood up and kicked the shell pieces away from her. She had a full head of long red hair and looked around at all of us. Without a word she turned and reached her arms up to her mother for a hug. The mother smiled and reached down to pick her up.

"Hello, Flutter. We've been waiting for you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch Jitters (6-23-18)

[WP] You are the greatest villain in the world. When you come face to face with your only rival, he says, “Do you want to grab a coffee before we start? I’ve haven’t eaten all day.” [ Link to post .] "I'm so glad you said something, I started late today too," The Shade said. He patted the heavy, dark leather coat over his stomach, then leaned closer to whisper at SunKnight. "Kayla's teeth are coming in, and Lucille's out of town for that thing." He shrugged, then pulled off his black, featureless hood. "I needed an extra 40 winks. Let's do a lunch, meet me at the pizzeria in 20." Keith Slinny, the man under The Shade's mask checked his watch. The rest of his black costume dissipated from his body; black smoke wafted from him like steam escaping a body in winter. "At this point, we'll end up putting it off until tomorrow so I need to book the babysitter now." "The wedding's tomorrow, remember? Let's take t

Truth and Fries (6-27-18)

[WP] Survivors of the apocalypse are still fighting for their lives; Whataburger seems to be doing alright though. [ Link to post .] "And, why do you want to work at Whataburger?" Albert Guajardo, General Manager, asked the prospective employee, Rigo Reyes, while trying to size him up. The young man sat in the booth across from Albert, wearing his best protective gear. A set of high-school football pads, and heavily wrapped arms. His cracked football helmet rested on the table.  "My girl's pregnant. I can't help rebuild humanity if I can't provide for them," Rigo said. It was not true, but it would be if he got the position. He did not have a girlfriend at the moment, but no Whataburger employee suffered loneliness for long. Even the perimeter guards that kept zombies out of the restaurant got paid enough food to support a family of four.  "Can you start now?" Albert asked. Rigo nodded eagerly, but Albert explained the situation anyway.

OooooooooooooooH. (6-28-18)

[CW] A short story with a plot twist using the letter "o" exactly 15 times. [ Link to post .] "Fredericks!" the guard yelled at the cell's inhabitants. A tall, plump man walked near the bars, his steps echoed in the cell. "That's me," Lenny Fredericks said. The guard let him pass.  "Lawyer's here, this way." The guard grabbed  Lenny's arm and guided him through the maze of walls that made up the station. He sat Lenny at a table facing a brunette woman in a black suit.  "Mr. Fredericks, I'm the lawyer handling this case. My name is Erica Quintanilla." The lawyer presented her hand, and Lenny accepted it with an eager shake.   "Nice'ta meet'cha." Lenny said. After they disengaged their handshake, Erica placed Lenny's file between them, then started her interview while scanning the sheets.  "Mr. Fredericks,-" she began. "Call me Lenny," Lenny suggested. She return