Skip to main content

Magical Friendship (1-9-2018)


You rub a lamp and free a genie who grants you 3 wishes (standard Aladdin rules apply).
After you make two foolish wishes, the sly genie manages to ruin your life. In great
resentment, you decide to use your third wish to get revenge on the genie... [Link to post.]

“So are all genies assholes, or just you?” I asked the legless form as it hovered in front of
me. His eyes twinkled. Another fly buzzed out of my mouth while I spoke. I felt it beat its
wings as it came up my esophagus. I almost puked when it bumped my uvula. He laughed,
then shrugged.

“You’re the one that wished you could fly. Now you can. I’ve been told I’m unique among
genies.” He smirked. “You know, you don’t *have* to make your third wish. You can give
it to me.”  

“You think I’m going to do anything for you after you botched my wishes? You know damn
well this,” I opened my mouth wide to let loose a swarm of flies “Is not what I meant when
I said I wanted to fly. And my first wish? I’m the last man on Earth!” The genie had the
gall to punch my shoulder in a friendly manner.

“You’re the most handsome man on Earth, just like you wanted.” He smiled. “It’s not my
fault your wishes are so open to interpretation. Anyway, those were just me having fun.”
His eyes glowed red. “I can be really creative if I put my mind to it. I might for your third
wish, if you choose not to give it to me, that is.”

“And what’s in it for me if I give you my third wish?”

“I could wish myself free, and keep my magic. You help me, I’ll help you.”

“So you don’t get to keep your magic if I wish you free?” The genie formed a pair of legs
and stood next to me, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“I do, but it’s just more meaningful if I do it myself. You can understand that, can’t you?”
I shoved his arm off me.

“I understand that you’re an asshole. Usually I’m fairly compassionate, but you caught me
on a bad day. I thought it was my lucky break when I found your lamp, but made my mood
100 times worse. I’m ready to make my third wish.” I said while staring him in the eyes.
The bottom half of his body dissipated into smoke.

“Are you sure?” He tried to threaten me. I just nodded at him in defiance.

“Let’s see you muck this one up. Ready?” He nodded at me with an evil grin.

“My third wish is for you…” I smiled at him. “...to be free for as long as you are handcuffed to
me while I’m alive and conscious.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch Jitters (6-23-18)

[WP] You are the greatest villain in the world. When you come face to face with your only rival, he says, “Do you want to grab a coffee before we start? I’ve haven’t eaten all day.” [ Link to post .] "I'm so glad you said something, I started late today too," The Shade said. He patted the heavy, dark leather coat over his stomach, then leaned closer to whisper at SunKnight. "Kayla's teeth are coming in, and Lucille's out of town for that thing." He shrugged, then pulled off his black, featureless hood. "I needed an extra 40 winks. Let's do a lunch, meet me at the pizzeria in 20." Keith Slinny, the man under The Shade's mask checked his watch. The rest of his black costume dissipated from his body; black smoke wafted from him like steam escaping a body in winter. "At this point, we'll end up putting it off until tomorrow so I need to book the babysitter now." "The wedding's tomorrow, remember? Let's take t

Truth and Fries (6-27-18)

[WP] Survivors of the apocalypse are still fighting for their lives; Whataburger seems to be doing alright though. [ Link to post .] "And, why do you want to work at Whataburger?" Albert Guajardo, General Manager, asked the prospective employee, Rigo Reyes, while trying to size him up. The young man sat in the booth across from Albert, wearing his best protective gear. A set of high-school football pads, and heavily wrapped arms. His cracked football helmet rested on the table.  "My girl's pregnant. I can't help rebuild humanity if I can't provide for them," Rigo said. It was not true, but it would be if he got the position. He did not have a girlfriend at the moment, but no Whataburger employee suffered loneliness for long. Even the perimeter guards that kept zombies out of the restaurant got paid enough food to support a family of four.  "Can you start now?" Albert asked. Rigo nodded eagerly, but Albert explained the situation anyway.

OooooooooooooooH. (6-28-18)

[CW] A short story with a plot twist using the letter "o" exactly 15 times. [ Link to post .] "Fredericks!" the guard yelled at the cell's inhabitants. A tall, plump man walked near the bars, his steps echoed in the cell. "That's me," Lenny Fredericks said. The guard let him pass.  "Lawyer's here, this way." The guard grabbed  Lenny's arm and guided him through the maze of walls that made up the station. He sat Lenny at a table facing a brunette woman in a black suit.  "Mr. Fredericks, I'm the lawyer handling this case. My name is Erica Quintanilla." The lawyer presented her hand, and Lenny accepted it with an eager shake.   "Nice'ta meet'cha." Lenny said. After they disengaged their handshake, Erica placed Lenny's file between them, then started her interview while scanning the sheets.  "Mr. Fredericks,-" she began. "Call me Lenny," Lenny suggested. She return